Monday, August 7, 2006

I've been tagged!

Kpjara gave me my first tag today with this book meme. Thank you kp! It was fun!!!

Okay, before I start, I have one book that is my favorite of all times, that I could insert in any, if not all categories. It changed my life, I read it more than once (7 times to be exact), I would want it on a deserted island, it made me laugh AND it made me cry. (I cried more than laughed.) No, it's not my Bible. I am assuming that everyone knows the Bible is THE book. It's "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. Since I read it the first time, I have read EVERYTHING Francine Rivers has written that is in print and am anxiously awaiting whatever bone she throws to me next. I am hooked.

That said, I promise to be more original in my answers.

1. One book that changed your life: I would have to say the "Present Darkness" books by Peretti because they changed my perception of things. They just brought the whole "we wrestle not with flesh and blood" thing into a new light for me. They made me wonder about the choices we make and the thoughts and just how much we are influenced by things unseen.

2. One book that you've read more than once: I am not really in a habit of reading books more than once-even if I really enjoyed it. So I am going to revert a bit and say that I have read the Little Golden Book "We Help Mommy" by Eloise Wilkins probably 500 times between my mother reading to me (every night because I loved the pictures) and me reading it to my own kids. Yes, I still have the copy, worn and coverless, that I had when I was a girl.

3. One book you'd want on a desert Island: I have to admit that kpjara inspired me on this one when she mentioned a dictionary. I wouldn't have been able to come up with an answer without that prompt. Given, once again, that the Bible is THE book and could be the response to any of these, I would have to say that I would like to have a thesaurus. I get hung up on words alot and rely heavily on the thesaurus when I am doing any serious writing.

4. One book that made you laugh: I read Douglass Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series when I was a teen and absolutely ROFL'd-to the point that my mother kept looking at me like I was crazy. I read it again with the kids last year before the movie came out and, while they thought it was hilarious, I just couldn't remember what I found so funny. I did however enjoy it even though I didn't find the same jocularity that I had when I was young.

5. One book that made you cry: "The Debt" by Angela Elwell Hunt. The reunion in this story is one I have longed for for 22 years.


6. One book that you wish had been written: How to Lose Weight Without Diet and Excersize by Dir Tearot Tenbum

7. One book you wish had never been written: Anything by Michael Moore or favorably about him should be banned, burned and cursed. The man's a stark-raving-to-the-moon lunatic.

8. One book you are currently reading: I’m reading: Just one??? I've always got 2-3 in the works. Let's see, probably the one that has me drawn in the most, believe it or not it's NOT fiction, is "Do You Think I'm Beautiful" by Angela Thomas. I feel like I could have written it, it's so close to what is in my head.

9.One book you've been meaning to read : I have a list a mile long of books I want to read. So I will say that the "Every Woman" books are next on my list. I preordered "Every Woman's Marraige" at the Exodus Conference and it came just a couple of days ago. They have one for each age group and I am going to read them all so I can pass some of it's wisdom to my girls.

There are a couple of categories I'd like to add here just to plug a couple of my other favorites:

Closest to my heart: "A Lantern in Her Hand" by Beth Streeter Aldrich about a young girl growing up on the plains in the mid to late 1800's and into the 20th century. She had big dreams and one by one, sacrificed them for those she loved.

Most amazing: Anything by Nicholas Sparks. I can't believe a man can weave a tale with such emotion. I even enjoyed the one he wrote about going on a trip with his brother and reliving his childhood which was not fiction, but a very captivating story.

Enough about me. I will tag everyone who reads this. Especially my lurkers. Yes, I know you are out there cause my counter keeps going up, up. up. So de-lurk and share your books! :-)