Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Inspired

Inspiration is a good thing. Without it, which is what I have been lately, I can't seem to find anything that I want to take pictures of. Now this is not a good thing for a photographer.

My middle daughter pulled me out of my funk on Friday and Saturday and MADE me go take pictures of her and her friends. It seemed like it was going to be kind of a lackluster effort, but I did start to get into the swing of it and in spite of the lack of color in our little corner of the world, I think we got a few good shots. Needless to say, I was feeling prettly blah in spite of the few daffodils that were in bloom. I was very happy to have gotten the shots we did. You can see them here and here.

Well today, it was like the whole world started busting out. It stirred something in me and I took my camera for a walk. See if any of these get you in the mood for Spring. Hawthorne, Daffodil, Forsythia, Bradford Pear (even though mine did NOT bloom this year, it is the first GREEN besides the weeds this year.) and Hyacinth are just the few that I found nearby.

Maybe I will get an earlier start tomorrow and find more. I saw some flowering crabapple and Ann Magnolia blooming in some backyards as well! I feel like I have been let out of a cold gray box! This was a short winter for us, but it was a hard one for me for some reason. I was bored with it and ready for it to be over before it even began. It's going to really hurt this year if the weather turns cold again. And seeing that it's only March 13, it very well could do that. Oh yeah, I think I'm going to post some snaps of my youngest and my great nieces here as well. We sure enjoyed the warm weather today!