Saturday, May 27, 2006

My baby is not a baby anymore.


The day has been so busy.
We haven't had time to even talk.
You step into the whirlwind,
and for me time suddenly stops.

For a moment I see clearly,
though around me time still flies.
But the world becomes just you and I,
as I see you with new eyes.

You were just a little girl.
I thought you were anyway.
What happened to the time?
Has memory begun to fade?

Now before me stands a woman,
and my heart feels a sudden pain.
My time with you is passing.
The world is yours to gain.


Posted by Picasa

Graceful, beautiful, young woman of God,
growing in faith and love.
You were my blessing, my joy-
a wonderful gift from above.

Where is the little girl,
with big grins and tiny curls,
the little ray of sunshine,
that lit up my world?

You don't even know I am watching you.
You don't see my eyes fill with tears.
With bittersweet understanding,
I hold this moment dear.

I couldn't be prouder, you are so beautiful.
But what makes my heart leap,
is the strength I see inside-
the tender promise that you keep.
©2006 Joy Meade