Wednesday, June 7, 2006

First attempt at Meme's

Tam, this is for you. Thought I would tackle them both at once too.

The Jesus Meme

1. What is your life verse:

Psalms 51 (I have had this broken, contrite moment before God and He was faithful to cover me with His grace). My favorite verses are 10-12 which I have cried out countless times when confronted with my sin.

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts [a] ;
you teach [b] me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 The sacrifices of God are [c] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.
18 In your good pleasure make Zion prosper;
build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then there will be righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings to delight you;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.


2. Give a bit of your testimony:


Drugs, sex, and rock &roll. I take the fifth on this one right now. I am okay with telling my story, but there are still people who could be hurt if they knew.

3. Do you have a favorite preacher:

At the moment, I don’t have a very good view of preachers. Unfortunately over the last few years I have seen too many of them go the wrong way. I DO however have TEACHERS that I love and respect-my husband being one of them.

4. Best bible study ever done:


The Patriarchs by Beth Moore

5. What do you feel God's call is on your life:

To teach my children to know and love Him and to seek Him on their own. To capture as much of the beauty of His creation that I can. Eventually to write my “story” To reach out to people with addictions, especially those involved in sexual addictions-both hetero and homosexual. They need to know that you CAN get free from it-trust me, when you are in the middle of it, it has such a grip on you that you just want to give up and become what you know you should not be.



Seven Seven's

7 Books I Love:

1. Redeeming Love-My all time favorite having read it seven times and owned /loaned/given out at least 20 copies- by Francine Rivers (pretty much ANYthing by her)
2. The End of the Spear by Steve Saint
3. A Lantern in Her Hand (can't remember the author, but this is an old book-1930's I think)
4. Do You Think I’m Beautiful by Angela Thomas (I think that's the author's name)
5. The Note by Angela Elwell Hunt
6. My scrapbooks
7. Jean Auel books-except for the last one which was a huge disappointment after a long 10-year wait. I read these when I was much younger and dumber and was fascinated by all the research that went into them.

7 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:

1. Forever Young
2. Grease
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. The Notebook
5. Last of the Mohicans
6. Any Star Trek movie
7. The Phantom of the Opera

7 Things I Say Often:

1. Suuuure
2. Meh-Ama-Ru-Ju-Ry-Who are you anyway?!?!?! (The first part of kid's names till I get the right one.)
3. ONE…TWO… THREE…(slow count to ten while waiting for compliance from kids)
4. Get off my computer!
5. Go, empty the dishwasher/clean off the table/advance the laundry/clean your room (depending on whose turn/room it is)
6. I wanna scrapbook soooooo bad!/Wanna scrapbook?
7. I don’t know. (said like why the heck are you asking me this?)


7 Things I Love About My Spouse:

1. He is stable
2. I am completely comfortable with him.
3. We don’t fight-even when we disagree
4. He works so hard so I can stay home
5. He never complains about me-NEVER (although the side effect of this is that I am often wondering what he is REALLY thinking about me)
6. I can imagine him putting himself between his family and danger, even if it meant his life. (he is that kind of man.)
7. He puts the toilet seat down and has taught his boys to do likewise.J

7 Things I Can Not Do:

1. bend
2. use a hammer or screwdriver
3. handle bugs, spiders or anything dead (which thanks to the cats we have plenty of)
4. keep house
5. remember to pray about a problem before I am already fretting over it. (I hate this about myself)
6. ride a rollercoaster-I’m deathly afraid of the drop
7. public speaking-microphones make me cry

7 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

1. travel
2. learn at least one new language
3. learn to fly
4. go hang gliding and para sailing-NOT parachuting
5. own a horse farm
6. have at least one of my photographs become well known and at least one thing I have written published
7. stand in the middle of a wide open, nowhere space and hear nothing but the sound of God’s voice in the wind.

7 People I Would Like To Hear Seven Seven's From:

1.I think I am the last of my blogging friends to have done this, so I am going to e-mail it to the other seven.